ShinewayTech compact, high-performance palmOTDR
Available from Phoenix Datacom in the UK, the ShinewayTech palmOTDR series handheld OTDR is a lightweight, easy to use instrument with excellent stability, long battery life and convenient hotkeys for frequent tasks.
A variety of models is available for single mode/multimode fibres and LAN/WAN/FTTx applications. TraceManager software allows easy transfer of test data from OTDR to PC for further analysis, reporting and printing.
Key benefits include:
- Ideal for LAN/WAN/FTTx certification & trouble-shooting
- FTTx in-service testing/Testing
- Excellent user interface
- Handheld & lightweight (only 1kg)
- SM: 1310/1490/1550/1625nm (with filter), up to 45dB
- MM: 850/1300nm, 18/22dB
- VFL: 650nm
- Quick start: <5 seconds
- Hotkeys: Easiest operation in the world, push-and-test
- High precision measurement, large internal memory
- RS232/USB data interface
- Bellcore file format (.sor)
- PC software for traces batch editing & flexible printing
- 8 hrs continuous operation/20 hrs standby
- Dust and shock proof (2m drop test).
Online optical signal detection
To avoid damage with 1310/1490/1550nm wavelengths, the palmOTDR starts an in-service communication check before testing with a warning message and auto termination option to effectively protect test instruments and communications equipment.
OTDR TraceManager software
TraceManager software can display, analyse and edit trace files, generate and print comprehensive test and analysis reports in various forms.
Standard package includes:
Instrument, FC/PC connector, NiMH battery, TraceManager software CD, Data cable (USB/RS-232), AC adaptor, Soft carrying case, Warranty card, CE certificate, Certificate of calibration, Quick reference guide.