Multi-stream, multi-service testing
Only available in the UK from Phoenix Datacom, the SunLite GigE combines 10/100 and GigE testing in a lightweight rugged unit that fits in the palm of a hand. It is particularly designed for field engineers involved in set up, verification and maintenance of Metro Ethernet and IP services, runs cool without a fan and so has a long battery life. Copper and fibre GigE testing is supported with 10/100/1000BASE-T and 1000BASE-X interfaces.
SunLite GigE is suitable for both advanced testing by senior technicians and for use by less experienced engineers. Easy definition and sharing of test profiles and a good user interface means that technicians with limited Ethernet or IP testing experience can verify performance parameters for Gigabit Ethernet services.
The SunLite GigE also supports multi-stream, multi-service testing for installation and maintenance of differentiated Ethernet and triple-play services.
Field technicians can verify end-to-end transport of Gigabit Ethernet/IP traffic, transmit and analyse eight independent streams and run RFC2544 tests.
Technicians can use the SunLite GigE to determine throughput, link utilisation, latency, and IP connectivity. SunLite GigE allows technicians to make pass/fail, go/no-go decisions quickly and accurately.
- Full 10/100/1000 Mbps and GigE line rate traffic generation
- Throughput, latency, frame loss, and back-to-back RFC 2544 tests
- BER testing at Layer 1, Layer 2, and Layer 3 (IP) for Gigabit Ethernet and IP services
- IP verification with Ping, Traceroute, ARP scan, Echo Response, and IP Throughput across a routed network
- Generate up to 8 independent traffic flows with different MAC address, VLAN tag, MPLS TAG, IP address, payload and bandwidth configurations
- Class of Service (CoS) (via VLAN P-bit) and IP Type of Service (ToS)/DSCP traffic prioritisation settings
- Aggregate and per-stream measurement statistics
- RFC2544 benchmarking test
- 10/100/1000BASE-T and 1000BASE-X dual media test interfaces
- Control/Respond Loopback feature to loop-up/down a far end STT, MTT Ethernet test modules or GigE Responder
- Test Profiles for fast and efficient test set configuration and operation
- USB port for test profiles/reports management and transfer
- N.B. Compatible with Sunset MTT and STT modules.